Friday, August 31, 2012

shit I bought instead of paying rent (& that time I went to heaven)

A week or so ago I had the (mis)fortune to be heading back to my hometown, the very... green Portland, Oregon, (they compost shit there... when did that start?) for a whirlwind series of family events. I wasn't very excited about my 4 day left coast adventure UNTIL I remembered that my favourite shoe store of all time ever on the face of the earth (Solestruck) has only ONE physical store in.... you guessed it.... PORTLAND, OREGON. So, I made a promise to myself to stop by & make really terrible financial decisions.

Which is just what I did.



Who needs a roof over your head when you can have these GORGEOUS To Be Announced "hikers". (I use the scare quotes here because I seriously doubt they'd be any good for actual hiking... but I haven't been hiking in YEARS, so what do I know? The studs could easily be used to fight off bears.)

hello... I love you.
They are completely badass, & well worth the disgusted look on my mother's face when I handed over my credit card... she doesn't understand!

SOLESTRUCK! PLEASE COME TO NYC. I WILL RUN YOUR STORE SINGLE-HANDEDLY. I USED TO BE IN RETAIL. I COULD DO IT.

some Black Milk x Jeffery Campbell's (LOVE)

this store is just FABULOUS.


Actually... it's probably good they're not here.... it's much easier to just avoid their website.



TIPS:
TBA's run small, so get a size up.
They're also super narrow... if you have wide feet you may wanna look elsewhere.
All that being said- the leather insole & outsole do stretch & soften with time.
These studs are sharp as shit. Perfect for getting into fights... but try not to wound people you actually like.

No comments:

Post a Comment